RMagick4J 0.3.7 Happy Birthmonth has been released!
RMagick is a Ruby binding to ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick. RMagick4J implements ImageMagick functionality and the C portions of RMagick for use with JRuby.
Current stable version: 0.3.7
Project URL: http://kenai.com/projects/rmagick4j
Installation: gem install rmagick4j
(I think that’s all that you need to use simple_captcha)
Major bugs resolved:
- blur_image produced different images from RMagick.
- Draw#push and Draw#pop didn’t work correctly in some cases.
Furthermore, RMagick4J does not depend on jhlabs library anymore (the gem has lost some weight!).
- Tim Hunter and the ImageMagick team (obviously).
- JRuby community for its support.
- Everyone that has reported a bug, ask for help in the #jruby channel or suggest a new library compatibility.
Please try out your applications with rmagick4j and help us provide feedback (even birthmonth cake!). It is our goal to make a fully-compatible implementation of RMagick4j in JRuby.
You have some image examples here: http://www.serabe.com/rmagick4j
This is a very special release, cause March is my birthmonth.
Happy Birthmonth to:
- everyone else whose birthmonth is march
- and me!